- 2018 Annual Conference
- Schedule of Events
- Conference Hotel
- Registration Fees
- Tradeshow Prospectus
- Sponsorship Prospectus
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSIONS: Real Estate Investing Opportunities
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: Crisis Communication
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: Maintaining Function Through the Continuum of Care
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: Facility Design and Continued Compliance to Codes
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: What does a guardian look for in an ALF?
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: Chronic Pain Management in ALF Residents
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: Breaking Up ls Hard to Do - Resident Evictions
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: Abuse, Neglect,& Exploitation of Vulnerable Adults
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: Your Blue Business Partner
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: Leading your team with Real Performance Reviews
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: Antibiotic Stewardship in Assisted Living
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: Medical Marijuana and Healthcare Professionals
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: The Need for a Social Revolution
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: Hot Legal Topics in Assisted Living
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: The "lT" Factor
- Session: ECC 4 Hour Training
- Session: Dietary 2 Hour Update Training
- Session: Medication Management 2 Hour Update Training
- General Session: ALF Regulations and Resident Advocacy
- 2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: Legislative Update
2018 BREAKOUT SESSION: What does a guardian look for in an ALF?
The session will provide a greater understanding of how a Guardian may provide his or her expertise to ALF residents. Guardians are much like a Realtor and should have curbside appeal on how to address the challenges and positives of residing in an assisted living facility. Further, the session will describe what a Guardian does ? How to find a Guardian? And, Why would a resident need the services of a Guardian?
Robert Dixon has been a court-appointed guardian since 2006 and has seen wonderful ideas from the many ALFs he has visited. His understanding of Florida law as it relates to guardianship makes him uniquely qualified to share his views on what a Guardian looks for in an ALF. He has a wide background in the various aspects of business: marketing, HR, real estate, finance, lT, operations, and following government rules and regulations. Finally, over his 11 years as guardian he has visited and worked with dozens of ALFs.He has seen the good the bad and the ugly. He looks forward to providing his perspective on how to fill the beds with well looked after residents as we walk them to the banks of the River Jordan.